Summer is here again!
And the Young Authors’ Mentorship Camp 2019 is back!
Jordan Hill, in collaboration with Corona Schools’ Trust Council, brings yet another mind-blowing summer camp experience to your child and one he/she cannot afford to miss.
The aim of the Young Authors’ Mentorship Camp is to inspire, motivate and mentor children to BECOME BETTER WRITERS! During the course of the workshop, children are encouraged to write and complete a book of their own, paying attention to the rudiments of writing (ideas, content, spelling, grammar, punctuation, word choice etc.) and after that get the book published if selected. Our belief is, when children are celebrated as young authors and young achievers, after their first book is published, they will be motivated to engage in more writing activities which will ensure their writing gets better and they spend more time on activities that add value.
UNIT FOCUS – Story writing & illustration
Participants will explore the stages in the writing process, the six +1 traits of writing needed to write exceptionally well and learn how to create believable story characters, develop story settings and build their story plots showing the conflict and resolution of the conflict while learning to illustrate the personalities, events and environment of their story.
BENEFITS FOR THE CHILDREN
- Participant’s writing skills are honed and enhanced.
- They develop skills in story writing & illustration.
- They become better writers and achieve higher academic excellence, being engaged in life-long learning.
- They become role models for other students.
- They get engaged in value-driven activities.
- They become world changers and catalysts through the use of the pen.
- They become published authors if selected.
- They become young entrepreneurs and achievers.
- They become better placed to excel in life.
The programme will run concurrently for two weeks in each of the two schools below from
Monday 22nd July – Friday 2nd August 2019
Corona Day Nursery Ikoyi
Corona School Lekki