We introduce to you The Jordan Hill Young Authors’ Mentorship Camp, 2018 in collaboration with Corona Schools’ Trust Council.
The aim of this programme, which is scheduled to run for two weeks at each of the four different schools in Lagos during the summer holiday, is to inspire, motivate and mentor children to write and complete a book of their own, and thereafter get the book published, if selected. Our belief is, when children are celebrated as young authors and young achievers, after their first book is published, they will be motivated to engage in more writing activities which will ensure their writing gets better and they spend more time on activities that add value. Consequently, they will grow up to be effective communicators in the work place and marketplace, as the children will receive coaching and mentorship from seasoned English instructors and published authors who will ensure they become effective in their writing of a narrative fiction.
BENEFITS FOR THE CHILDREN
- Participant’s writing skills are honed and enhanced.
- They become better writers and achieve higher academic excellence, being engaged in life-long learning.
- They become role models to other students.
- They get engaged in value-driven activities.
- They become world changers and catalysts through the use of the pen.
- They become published authors if selected.
- They become young entrepreneurs and achievers.
- They become better placed to excel in life.
The programme will run for two weeks in each of the schools.
YAMC SITES & DATES:
Monday 23rd July – Friday 3rd August, 2018 – Corona School Ikoyi
Monday 6th – Friday 17th August, 2018 – Corona School Gbagada
Monday 20th – Friday 31st August, 2018 – Corona School Lekki & The Pottersland School, Lekki
There will be three categories. They are
Ages 5 & 6
Ages 10 – 12
For any of the Corona Schools, pay into
Account Name: Corona Schools’ Trust Council
Bank: Stanbic IBTC
Account Number: 9200353520
For The Pottersland School, pay into
Account Name: The Pottersland School
Bank: Diamond Bank Plc
Account Number: 0090066972
WRITING LEVEL ASSESSMENT
Each child registered is required to write an assessment for proper placement for the YAMC in order to ensure learning is personalised and effective. Find below the dates for each school/camp site writing level assessment:
Corona School Ikoyi
Registration closes 18th July, 2018.
Writing Level Assessment holds Saturday 21st July, 2018. 9am -10:30am
Corona School Gbagada
Registration closes 1st August, 2018.
Writing Level Assessment holds Saturday 4th August, 2018. 9am -10:30am
Corona School Lekki & The Pottersland School, Lekki
Registration closes 15th August, 2018.
Writing Level Assessment holds Saturday 18th August, 2018. 9am -10:30am
At the end of the YAMC 2018, the best written story books in the three categories, from the four camp sites will be selected and the writers’ awarded at a special Awards Ceremony, with a publishing contract under the Jordan Hill Butterfly imprint. Some of the best works from the other participants will be published as a collection of short stories by young
writers under the Jordan Hill Butterfly.
Steps to Signing Up Your Child
- Make payment into the account for the school/camp site you want your child to be enrolled in.
- Go to www.jordanhill.org/yamc2018 and complete the online registration form for your child.
- Ensure your child attends the writing level assessment on the appropriate date for the school of interest. It is important to come along with the teller or printed document of the transaction details to confirm your child’s registration.
- Your child resumes the YAMC 2018 on the date for the school/camp site of interest registered for.
We look forward to receiving your child at the YAMC 2018.